interested is welcome to join the Upper Green River Basin Chapter
of the Wyoming Archaeological Society.
dues in the Upper Green River Basin Chapter WAS are $20/year
for an Individual,
$25/year for a Family. Dues
help pay for The
published twice a year, as well as scholarships to worthy students.
In addition, $1.00 and $2.40 from each individual and family
membership respectively, is paid to the Wyoming Archaeological
Foundation to help further scientific research in Wyoming and
to aid in the management of the Hell Gap Site. The WAS is a
OF THE WYOMING ARCHAEOLOGICAL SOCIETY
To promote and disseminate archaeological knowledge and understanding
to the citizens of Wyoming.
2. To preserve, protect, and respect archaeological material and sites.
3. To preserve important archaeological sites and collections by acquiring
them for study purposes.
4. To promote scientific research and encourage cooperation between
avocational and professional archaeologist.
5. To cooperate and coordinate with the Wyoming State Archaeologist
and other persons and agencies concerning archaeological investigations.
6. To respect the dignity of groups whose cultural histories are the
subject of archaeological investigations.
Benefits of Membership
Wyoming Archaeologist, published twice a year.
2. Opportunities to participate in various archaeological excavations,
surveys, research, and analysis.
3. Field trips to archaeological and historic sites.
4. Local WAS chapter meetings featuring guest lecturers and workshops
5. Participation in Wyoming Archaeology Awareness Month (September)
planning activities geared to people of all ages.
6. Annual statewide conference where Society members and professionals
present slide shows, workshops, and artifact exhibits.
Membership Dues - Upper Green River Basin Chapter WAS Individuals
may choose to belong to a local chapter (dues vary) or only
to the state organization. Upper Green River Basin Chapter
WAS annual dues are as follows:
- $20.00 per year Family
- $25.00 per year
Institutional/Companies (US) $50.00 per year
Upper Green River Basin, Wyoming Archaeological Society
PO Box 412
Pinedale, WY 82941-0412
valid from January 1 through December 31 of each year, with renewal
due in January, but not later than March 31. Members applying
late may miss issues of The Wyoming Archaeologist publication.
Please make checks or money order payable to: The Wyoming Archaeological