Volume 7, Number 38 - December 13, 2007
brought to you online by Pinedale Online
Green River Rock, Inc. of Big Piney, Wyoming has applied for a conversion from a small mining permit to a regular mining permit from the Land Quality Division of the Department of Environmental Quality for the State of Wyoming. The mining permit area for the mining of sand and gravel will be located in the NW 1/4 Section 17, Township 29 North, Range 111 West, Sublette County, Wyoming. The permit area is located approximately two (2) miles south of Big Piney, Wyoming, on the east side of Highway 189. The proposed regular mine operation is scheduled to begin in January, 2008 and is estimated to continue until 2012. The land after mining will be returned to livestock grazing land. This notice satisfies the requirements for both W.S. 35-11-406(g) and W.S. 35-11-406(j). Information regarding the proposed mining operation and reclamation procedures may be reviewed at the Office of the Land Quality Division of the Department of Environmental Quality in Cheyenne and Lander, Wyoming, the Sublette County Clerks Office, Pinedale Wyoming, or the office of R. S. Bennett Construction, at 601 Highway 189, Marbleton, Wyoming. Written objections shall apply only to the request of the operator to accelerate the operation (Chapter 9, Section 2, Land Quality Division, Non-coal Rules and Regulations) and must be received by the Administrator of the Land Quality Division of the Department of Environmental Quality, Herschler Building, 122 West 25th Street, Cheyenne, WY 82202, before close of business January 19, 2008. If an objection is submitted, a public hearing shall be held within twenty (20) days after the final date for filing objections unless a different period is stipulated to by the parties. The Council or Director shall publish notice of the time, date and location of the hearing or conference in a newspaper of general circulation in the locality of the proposed operation once a week for two (2) consecutive weeks immediately prior to the hearing or conference. The hearing shall be conducted as a contested case in accordance with the Wyoming Administrative Procedure Act (W.S. 16-30191 thru 16-3-115), and the right of judicial review shall be afforded as provided in that Act. All parties as given in W.S. 355-11-406(j) will be mailed a copy of this notice. The Wyoming Oil and Gas Conservation Commission will be mailed a copy of the application mine plan map as required in W.S 35-11-406(j).
Legal notice #1114. Published in the Sublette Examiner November 29, December 6, 13 and 20, 2007.
Upper Green River Water Basin Joint Powers Board will meet in regular monthly session on Tuesday, December 18, 2007 at the Lincoln County Courthouse in Kemmerer, Wyoming. The meeting will be in the Commission Meeting Room at 3:00 PM.
Legal notice #1117. Published in the Sublette Examiner December 13, 2007.
INVITATION FOR BIDS
FARSON – EDEN FIRE DEPARTMENT WELL for the EDEN FARSON FIRE CONTROL DISTRICT
Sealed bids are requested for work described in the Project Manual for the Farson-Eden Fire Department Well for the Eden Farson Fire Control District, dated November 28, 2007, prepared by Rio Verde Engineering, 201 West Pine Street, P.O. Box 642, Pinedale, Wyoming 82941.
Bids will be received by the Eden Farson Fire Control District at 4026 N. U.S. Highway 191 or P.O. Box 61, Farson, WY 82932. Until 3:00 PM local time on December 20, 2007, at which time said BIDS will be publicly opened and read aloud.
The work consists of one 6-inch commercial water well to service the Eden Farson Fire Control District’s new fire station and shall be completed by January 18, 2008.
Copies of the Project Manual and the Design Drawings specifying the work to be performed may be obtained from the Eden Farson Fire Control District, 307-350-7861. Copies are available for examination at the office of the Engineer, Rio Verde Engineering.
BIDDERS shall be required to accompany each bid with a BID Bond with sufficient surety, or a certified check, cashier’s check or bank draft upon some reputable bank payable to the Eden Farson Control District for at least 10 percent of the total amount of the BID. The bond, check or bank draft shall be forfeited as liquidated damages, if the BIDDER, upon the letting of the contract to him, fails to enter in to the contracts within 10 days after it is presented to him for that purpose or fails to proceed with the performance of the contract. The Bid Bond, draft or check shall be retained by the Eden Farson Fire Control District until proper bond to secure performance of the contract has been filed and approved. All of the above is to be in accordance with 15-1-113, Wyoming Statutes, 2007.
The right is reserved by the Eden Farson Fire Control District to reject any and all BIDS, and to waive any irregularity or informality in the bidding. BIDS may not be withdrawn for thirty days after the date of opening.
EDEN FARSON FIRE CONTROL DISTRICT
Dated this 28th day of November, 2007.
Legal notice #1118. Published in the Sublette Examiner December 13, 2007.
The Sublette County Planning & Zoning Commission will meet on Thursday, January 17, 2008 at 6:30 p.m. in the Sublette County Courthouse, Pinedale, Wyoming. At this time, a public hearing will be held to consider the following applications:
1. Pursuant to Article VIII, Section 1 of the Sublette County Zoning and Development Regulations, entitled Administration; planning staff proposes the following amendment to the text of the Sublette County Zoning and Development Regulations: An amendment to allow accessory residential unit(s) to serve as employee housing in the Commercial (C-1), Highway Commercial (CH-1) and Light Industrial (I-L) zoning districts. Accessory residential units shall serve as employee housing that is clearly incidental, subordinate and secondary to the primary commercial or industrial use of the property; with more than two accessory residential units requiring approval as a Conditional Use. Accessory residential units shall conform to all applicable development standards contained in this Resolution and no accessory residential unit may exceed eight hundred (800) square feet of habitable floor area. The current Zoning and Development Regulations do not allow accessory residential units in the C-1, CH-1 or I-L zoning districts.
2. Pursuant to Article VIII, Section 1 of the Sublette County Zoning and Development Regulations, entitled Administration; Carmel Kail proposes the following amendment to the text of the Sublette County Zoning and Development Regulations: An amendment to permit oil and gas production waste disposal facilities as a Conditional Use in the Light Industrial (I-L) and Heavy Industrial (I-H) zoning districts. The current Zoning and Development Regulations permit oil and gas production waste disposal facilities as a Conditional Use in the I-L zoning district and as an outright use in the I-H zoning district.
3. Request for Change of Zoning District Boundary approval, pursuant to Chapter VIII, Section 2 of the Sublette County Zoning and Development Regulations, entitled Administration; by Bible Camping, Inc. The application proposes a change of zoning district boundary for a 20.57 acre parcel from Resource Conservation to Recreational Service District 1 (RS-1) in order to accommodate the existing and future uses of the Bible Camp. The Bible Camping property subject to the application for a change of zoning district boundary is located in the north ½ of the southeast ¼ of Section 12, Township 38N, Range 110W; generally described as approximately 6.2 miles from Highway 352 along the Gypsum Creek Road, following Red Cliff Road to the end of Bible Camp Road.
4. Request for Conditional Use approval for a gravel pit, pursuant to Chapter V of the Sublette County Zoning and Development Regulations, entitled Conditional Uses, by the FCC Construction. The application is for an existing gravel pit on a 10 acre parcel in the Agricultural zoning district. The parcel subject to the proposed Conditional Use is owned by the Fishtail Cattle Company and is located in Lot 2 of the Fishtail Lot Division; generally described as 0.19 miles south on Badger Ridge Road from Fayette Pole Creek County Road 23-121.
5. Request for a Variance, pursuant to Chapter VI of the Sublette County Zoning and Development Regulations, entitled Variances by Sublette County Road & Bridge. The application proposes a 100 foot setback from a public road easement as opposed to the 300 foot setback that is required for gravel pits. The parcel subject to the proposed Variance is owned by Sublette County and is located in the northeast ¼ of the northeast ¼ of Section 20, Township 35N, Range 113W; generally described as the intersection of Merna North Beaver Road 23-115 and Seims County Road 23-163.
6. Request for a Variance, pursuant to Chapter VI of the Sublette County Zoning and Development Regulations, entitled Variances by Bible Camping, Inc. The application proposes reduced setbacks for an existing accessory structure that does not meet the required setbacks for the RC zoning district. The parcel subject to the proposed Variance is owned by Bible Camping, Inc. and is located in the north ½ of the southeast ¼ of Section 12, Township 38N, Range 110W; generally described as approximately 6.2 miles from Highway 352 along the Gypsum Creek Road, following Red Cliff Road to the end of Bible Camp Road.
/s/ Albert Sommers, Chairman
Legal notice #1120. Published in the Sublette Examiner December 13, 2007.
See The Archives for past articles.
Copyright © 2002-2007 Sublette Examiner
All rights reserved. Reproduction by any means must have permission of the Publisher.
Sublette Examiner, PO Box 1539, Pinedale, WY 82941 Phone 307-367-3203